Porcelain veneers allow you to have the perfect set of white teeth. Being the ideal standard in state of the art cosmetic dentistry today, porcelain veneers are the best dental treatment choice for creating naturally perfect smiles because of their effectiveness, aesthetic appeal and longevity.
What are porcelain veneers?
Porcelain veneers are wafer-thin (0.3mm-1.0mm) semi-translucent shells of hand-made porcelain that closely resemble the natural colour of your real teeth. They are bonded to the surface of existing teeth that you don’t prefer to show. Porcelain veneers are beautiful, durable and strong — and most of all, the properties of porcelain veneers are designed to mimic your natural teeth — no one can tell the difference at first glance.
Benefits of porcelain veneers
In Sydney, porcelain veneers offer a holistic approach to treating dental issues like gaps, chipped teeth or for any reason you decide a shell over your existing teeth may be needed. Some benefits of veneers include:
- Improved appearance of your teeth
If you are unhappy with how your teeth look, porcelain veneers may be a good option. Veneers can be used to change the colour, shape, size or length of your teeth.
- Durable and long-lasting
Porcelain veneers are made from a strong and durable material that can last many years with proper care. Veneers are also stain-resistant, so they will not turn yellow over time.
- Helps to improve your oral health
Because porcelain veneers are bonded to your teeth, they can help to protect them from damage and decay.
- A minimally invasive procedure
Unlike other cosmetic dental procedures in Sydney, porcelain veneers do not require extensive preparation of your teeth. In most cases, only a small amount of enamel is removed from your teeth to place the veneers. This makes the procedure much less invasive than other options, such as dental crowns.
- Gives you a natural-looking smile
When done correctly, porcelain veneers can give you a beautiful, natural-looking smile that you’ll be proud to show off.
Porcelain veneers before and after — Shani Grimmond
Shani’s veneer review is one example of how successful Dr. Lazaris has been in cosmetically restoring smiles with dental veneers in Sydney.
Who needs dental veneers in Sydney?
Dental veneers are mostly beneficial for people with dental issues, including:
- Discoloured or stained teeth
- Chipped, broken or worn-down teeth
- Irregularly shaped or sized teeth
- Gaps or spaces between teeth
- Crooked or misaligned teeth
- Uneven or rough tooth surfaces
- Aging or worn appearance
Anyone self-conscious about their teeth but doesn’t want teeth whitening options will benefit from veneers. A dental professional like Dr. Lazaris can help determine if veneers are the right option for you and if the porcelain veneer cost in Sydney is something you can cater for.
Dr. Angelo Lazaris is one of the most highly regarded dental practitioners for porcelain veneers in Sydney and has helped thousands of people realise the aesthetic potential of their smile. People have flown from all over the world to benefit from his expertise and smile with confidence.
Caring for your porcelain veneers
Caring for dental or porcelain veneers is similar to caring for your natural teeth. Here are some tips to help you maintain your veneers:
- Brush and floss regularly — Brush your teeth at least twice daily with a soft-bristled brush and use fluoride toothpaste. Also, floss at least once a day to remove plaque and food particles between your teeth and veneers.
- Avoid hard and crunchy foods — Foods such as ice, popcorn and hard candy can chip or break your veneers.
- Use a mouthguard — If you play sports or grind your teeth at night, it’s important to wear a mouthguard to protect your veneers.
- Avoid excessive biting — Avoid using your veneers to bite on hard objects like pens, pencils or fingernails. Steer clear of using your veneers to open bottle caps as well. This can chip, crack and cause damage to your veneers.
- Visit your dentist regularly — Regular dental check-ups and cleanings can help ensure your veneers are in good condition. Your dentist can also check for any signs of damage or wear and replace your veneers if necessary.
By following these tips, you can help extend the life of your veneers and keep your smile looking great.
porcelain veneers with Shani Grimmond
why choose porcelain veneers over other dental veneers?
Dental Veneers can be created from a range of materials and techniques that can result in wide variability in appearance, longevity, and bio-compatibility. While many options with fancy names claim to be better, the reality is that only hand-layered, glass porcelain veneers can produce stunning 3D optical aesthetic integration with natural teeth with a minimally-invasive approach. These veneers also have the most proven track records reported in dental research. Unlike industrially-produced alternatives, these require extensive and laborious attention to detail and a high level of artistic skill. Beautiful, natural aesthetics take time, care and a lot of love to create…nature doesn’t take short cuts!
what are the benefits and how do porcelain veneers work?
Porcelain veneers are used to treat a number of dental conditions and restore damaged or malformed teeth to ideal beauty and strength. Unlike many other procedures like crowns, porcelain veneers require very minimal tooth reduction (as little as 3% compared with up to 75% for crowns).
Contrary to popular belief, when porcelain veneers are bonded to teeth, their strength is comparable to a natural, untouched tooth. When a meticulous approach is used, these dental porcelain veneers can last for many years and be imperceptible from an untouched tooth.
Porcelain veneers take advantage of advances in material science and bonding technology and conform to the Biomimetic principle of dentistry, a cornerstone of our practice philosophy where procedures and materials are chosen based on their ability to preserve and protect natural teeth and mimic them in aesthetics and function. To learn more turn the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry click here
how much do porcelain veneers cost?
The cost of dental veneers can vary from person to person. In particular, Dr. Angelo Lazaris has a unique, creative and meticulous methodology that ensures success with your smile design. Please call Dr. Angelo Lazaris practice on 02 9052 6999 or book a consultation to receive expert advise with your initial consultation from Sydney’s leading cosmetic dentist Book a Consultation with Dr. Angelo Lazaris. Your smile design should be customised and unique as you are.
porcelain veneers before and after
Dr. Angleo Lazaris porcelain veneers craftmanship can be viewed by clicking here: Veneers Before and After
Porcelain veneers are amongst the most difficult dental veneers procedures to perfect, and Dr Lazaris goes to extraordinary efforts to provide his patients with results that exceed their expectations. Detailed discussion, careful planning and a range of digital simulations and trial aesthetic prototypes of your dental veneers allow you to visualise the expected outcomes of your treatment before any work is commenced.
Once you and Dr Lazaris are together decided on the final treatment objectives, meticulous care is taken to prepare the teeth with minimal reduction to receive wafer thin porcelain veneers (as little as 0.3mm) that are hand-crafted exclusively by our ceramist to Dr Lazaris’ prescription.
Over the next 2 weeks, whilst the veneers are being created, a set of temporary composite veneers are placed in your mouth that will act as a preview to the final result, allowing both Dr Lazaris and the patient the opportunity to evaluate all aesthetic and functional parameters, so that ideal results are consistently achieved.
Before fitting, the porcelain veneers are tried for a final assessment by Dr Lazaris, who checks for precision fit and aesthetic harmony with the surrounding natural teeth. Only when Dr Lazaris is satisfied, the patient is shown the dental veneers in place, and upon their agreement the veneers are carefully bonded to the teeth to create a perfect smile.
why dr lazaris?
- It is this attention to detail in every aspect of dental veneers and treatment that has seen Dr Lazaris become one of the most experienced and respected practitioners in porcelain veneers in Sydney.
- Having completed thousands of veneers and extensive postgraduate study in this field, Dr Lazaris has amassed extraordinary intellectual property, clinical expertise and artistry that consistently achieve beautiful, natural results for all our clients.
- Dr Lazaris designs and creates the smile forms himself. Often this critical phase of treatment is delegated to laboratory technicians or not performed at all, resulting in substandard results. Dr Lazaris insists in controlling every stage of the process himself, spending hours in his onsite laboratory characterising each smile to suit the individual.
- Dr Lazaris collaborates with the most talented and artistic ceramists, locally and from around the world to produce stunning smiles.
- Dr Lazaris guarantees his porcelain veneers for 10 years.
- No other dentist displays so many completed cases in such high detail on their websites. The proof of his expertise speaks for itself.
transform your smile today
Dr Lazaris is one of the most reputable dentist in Sydney for cosmetic dentistry. From his boutique office located conveniently in the heart of the Sydney CBD, his focus on patient comfort, beautiful results and treatment longevity make him one of the most renowned cosmetic dentists in Sydney.
Contact us today for more information about dental veneers!
Smile wider with veneers in Sydney made just for you by Dr. Lazaris
Veneers are an excellent way to achieve the smile you’ve always wanted and Dr. Lazaris is one of the best in the business. With over 20 years of experience and Platinum Elite Status in 2011, you can trust that your veneers will be made with precision and care.
If you’re interested in getting a veneer in Sydney from the best, schedule an appointment today. And should you have questions like how much porcelain veneers are, contact us for assistance with estimates. From there, Dr. Lazaris will work with you to find the perfect veneer treatment plan that fits your smile goals and budget concerns — allowing you to show off your beautiful new smile as soon as possible.
Frequently Asked Questions About Porcelain Veneers
How Long Do Porcelain Veneers Last?
The longevity of porcelain veneers can be highly variable and dependant on 3 critical factors:
- The skill of the operator. This is the most significant factor. Veneers are highly technique-sensitive and complex procedures, so dentists experienced in this field have significantly higher success rates than less experienced ones.
- The amount of enamel available to bond to. Extremely damaged teeth with significant enamel loss do not provide a stable and rigid substrate to bond to, so ultra-thin veneers experienced increased stress in function
- Maintenance and grinding. Porcelain veneers are almost identical to natural enamel in their physical properties, so are prone to wearing down and chipping if not cared for and protected. Almost all damage is sustained at night, when grinding, so wearing of a night-guard is critical to the longevity of veneers.
Clinical research indicates extremely high survival rates of over 90% at 10 years and 80% at 20 years when all of these factors are adhered to. Dr Lazaris has been performing veneers for over 20 years and the success rates quoted are reflected in his patients’ outcomes. This impressive success rate is the culmination of meticulous attention to detail, working under extreme magnification and the development of strict clinical protocols maximising tooth preservation (as little as 0.2mm reduction) and highly accurate fitment and bonding techniques.
Do Porcelain Veneers Ruin Your Teeth?
Yes and no.
Unless strict clinical protocols minimising tooth reduction and preserving enamel are adhered to, porcelain veneers can be destructive if the teeth are over-prepared.
Meticulous tooth preparation ensures the enamel layer is not breached and with reduction limited to the superficial enamel, there is no detriment to the long term health and strength of veneered teeth.
Do Porcelain Veneers Stain?
Once your porcelain veneers in Sydney have been fitted, you will find them to be very stain resistant, more so than your natural tooth enamel. With regular brushing, your veneers will look as good in 10 years’ time as the day they were fitted.
Are Porcelain Veneers Painful?
You shouldn’t feel any pain during the application of your veneers in Sydney but you may find that your teeth feel a little more sensitive for a short while afterwards. Porcelain veneers should feel comfortable and natural over time.
What’s the Difference Between Composite and Porcelain Veneers?
Composite veneer for teeth is less expensive and can be quicker to apply but it is not as strong as porcelain so will chip quite easily. For long-lasting, high-quality results, we recommend our porcelain veneers in Sydney.