Porcelain veneers allows you to have the perfect teeth and naturally beautiful, youthful smile you have always wanted.
Porcelain veneers, a type of dental veneer, are the ideal standard in state of the art cosmetic dentistry today. They are the dental veneers treatment of choice in creating perfect, natural smiles because of their effectiveness, aesthetic appeal and longevity. Porcelain veneers offer a holistic approach for the treatment of gaps and chipped or broken teeth by bonding wafer thin, semi-translucent ‘shells’ over your existing teeth.
what are porcelain veneers?
Porcelain veneers are wafer thin (0.3mm-1.0mm) shells of hand-made porcelain that are bonded to the surface of the tooth. They are beautiful, durable and strong – and the optical and physical properties of porcelain veneers are designed to mimic your natural teeth. Dr Lazaris is one of the most highly regarded dental practitioners for porcelain veneers in Sydney, and has helped thousands of people realise the aesthetic potential of their smile.
porcelain veneers with Shani Grimmond
why choose porcelain veneers over other dental veneers?
Dental Veneers can be created from a range of materials and techniques that can result in wide variability in appearance, longevity, and bio-compatibility. While many options with fancy names claim to be better, the reality is that only hand-layered, glass porcelain veneers can produce stunning 3D optical aesthetic integration with natural teeth with a minimally-invasive approach. These veneers also have the most proven track records reported in dental research. Unlike industrially-produced alternatives, these require extensive and laborious attention to detail and a high level of artistic skill. Beautiful, natural aesthetics take time, care and a lot of love to create…nature doesn’t take short cuts!
what are the benefits and how do porcelain veneers work?
Porcelain veneers are used to treat a number of dental conditions and restore damaged or malformed teeth to ideal beauty and strength. Unlike many other procedures like crowns, porcelain veneers require very minimal tooth reduction (as little as 3% compared with up to 75% for crowns).
Contrary to popular belief, when porcelain veneers are bonded to teeth, their strength is comparable to a natural, untouched tooth. When a meticulous approach is used, these dental porcelain veneers can last for many years and be imperceptible from an untouched tooth.
Porcelain veneers take advantage of advances in material science and bonding technology and conform to the Biomimetic principle of dentistry, a cornerstone of our practice philosophy where procedures and materials are chosen based on their ability to preserve and protect natural teeth and mimic them in aesthetics and function. To learn more turn the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry click here
how much do porcelain veneers cost?
The cost of dental veneers can vary from person to person. In particular, Dr. Angelo Lazaris has a unique, creative and meticulous methodology that ensures success with your smile design. Please call Dr. Angelo Lazaris practice on 02 9052 6999 or book a consultation to receive expert advise with your initial consultation from Sydney’s leading cosmetic dentist Book a Consultation with Dr. Angelo Lazaris. Your smile design should be customised and unique as you are.
porcelain veneers before and after
Dr. Angleo Lazaris porcelain veneers craftmanship can be viewed by clicking here: Veneers Before and After
Porcelain veneers are amongst the most difficult dental veneers procedures to perfect, and Dr Lazaris goes to extraordinary efforts to provide his patients with results that exceed their expectations. Detailed discussion, careful planning and a range of digital simulations and trial aesthetic prototypes of your dental veneers allow you to visualise the expected outcomes of your treatment before any work is commenced.
Once you and Dr Lazaris are together decided on the final treatment objectives, meticulous care is taken to prepare the teeth with minimal reduction to receive wafer thin porcelain veneers (as little as 0.3mm) that are hand-crafted exclusively by our ceramist to Dr Lazaris’ prescription.
Over the next 2 weeks, whilst the veneers are being created, a set of temporary composite veneers are placed in your mouth that will act as a preview to the final result, allowing both Dr Lazaris and the patient the opportunity to evaluate all aesthetic and functional parameters, so that ideal results are consistently achieved.
Before fitting, the porcelain veneers are tried for a final assessment by Dr Lazaris, who checks for precision fit and aesthetic harmony with the surrounding natural teeth. Only when Dr Lazaris is satisfied, the patient is shown the dental veneers in place, and upon their agreement the veneers are carefully bonded to the teeth to create a perfect smile.
why dr lazaris?
- It is this attention to detail in every aspect of dental veneers and treatment that has seen Dr Lazaris become one of the most experienced and respected practitioners in porcelain veneers in Sydney.
- Having completed thousands of veneers and extensive postgraduate study in this field, Dr Lazaris has amassed extraordinary intellectual property, clinical expertise and artistry that consistently achieve beautiful, natural results for all our clients.
- Dr Lazaris designs and creates the smile forms himself. Often this critical phase of treatment is delegated to laboratory technicians or not performed at all, resulting in substandard results. Dr Lazaris insists in controlling every stage of the process himself, spending hours in his onsite laboratory characterising each smile to suit the individual.
- Dr Lazaris collaborates with the most talented and artistic ceramists, locally and from around the world to produce stunning smiles.
- Dr Lazaris guarantees his porcelain veneers for 10 years.
- No other dentist displays so many completed cases in such high detail on their websites. The proof of his expertise speaks for itself.
transform your smile today
Dr Lazaris is one of the most reputable dentist in Sydney for cosmetic dentistry. From his boutique office located conveniently in the heart of the Sydney CBD, his focus on patient comfort, beautiful results and treatment longevity make him one of the most renowned cosmetic dentists in Sydney.
Contact us today for more information about dental veneers!
Frequently Asked Questions About Porcelain Veneers
How Long Do Porcelain Veneers Last?
The longevity of porcelain veneers can be highly variable and dependant on 3 critical factors:
- The skill of the operator. This is the most significant factor. Veneers are highly technique-sensitive and complex procedures, so dentists experienced in this field have significantly higher success rates than less experienced ones.
- The amount of enamel available to bond to. Extremely damaged teeth with significant enamel loss do not provide a stable and rigid substrate to bond to, so ultra-thin veneers experienced increased stress in function
- Maintenance and grinding. Porcelain veneers are almost identical to natural enamel in their physical properties, so are prone to wearing down and chipping if not cared for and protected. Almost all damage is sustained at night, when grinding, so wearing of a night-guard is critical to the longevity of veneers.
Clinical research indicates extremely high survival rates of over 90% at 10 years and 80% at 20 years when all of these factors are adhered to. Dr Lazaris has been performing veneers for over 20 years and the success rates quoted are reflected in his patients’ outcomes. This impressive success rate is the culmination of meticulous attention to detail, working under extreme magnification and the development of strict clinical protocols maximising tooth preservation (as little as 0.2mm reduction) and highly accurate fitment and bonding techniques.
Do Porcelain Veneers Ruin Your Teeth?
Yes and no.
Unless strict clinical protocols minimising tooth reduction and preserving enamel are adhered to, porcelain veneers can be destructive if the teeth are over-prepared.
Meticulous tooth preparation ensures the enamel layer is not breached and with reduction limited to the superficial enamel, there is no detriment to the long term health and strength of veneered teeth.
Do Porcelain Veneers Stain?
Once your porcelain veneers in Sydney have been fitted, you will find them to be very stain resistant, more so than your natural tooth enamel. With regular brushing, your veneers will look as good in 10 years’ time as the day they were fitted.
Are Porcelain Veneers Painful?
You shouldn’t feel any pain during the application of your veneers in Sydney but you may find that your teeth feel a little more sensitive for a short while afterwards. Porcelain veneers should feel comfortable and natural over time.
What’s the Difference Between Composite and Porcelain Veneers?
Composite veneer for teeth is less expensive and can be quicker to apply but it is not as strong as porcelain so will chip quite easily. For long-lasting, high-quality results, we recommend our porcelain veneers in Sydney.